Tour de Pelso '13
XIX. SHIMANO - Balaton Bicycle Marathon
1. Purpose of the programme:
Extending the off-season of tourism through a sports programme. Making Siófok, Lake Balaton and cycling sports more popular. Strengthening both domestic and international sports relations, ensuring pleasant pastimes, ensuring future competitors are adequetely prepared .
2. Place of programme:
In the area of Siófok, Counties Somogy, Zala, Veszprém, Fejér
Date: 01 June 2013 (Saturday)
3. Participants of programme: Women and men having completed their 16th year of age before the day of competition, paid the entry fee and certify by their signature that they know and accept the terms of participation.
4. Organizer: Attila Prohászka organizer of sports programmes - chief organizer
Siófoki Kerékpáros Sportclub (Cycling Sports Club Siófok), H-8600 Siófok, Koch R. u. (str.) 27/B.
Somogy Megyei Kerékpáros Szövetség (Cycling Association of County Somogy), H-7400 Kaposvár, Csokonai u. (str.) 3.
30 May 2013, from 2 p.m. until 8 p.m.: registration, distribution of starting-numbers Siófok, Porecs tér
31 May 2013, from 10 a.m. until 11 p.m.: registration, distribution of starting-numbers Siófok, Porecs tér
1 June 2013, from 6 a.m. until 8 a.m. occupation of starting-place Siófok, Porecs tér
Start: at 9.15 a.m. Petőfi sétány
Course: 200km, around Lake Balaton
Level time: 10 hours (20 km/h average speed)
Event finish time: 7.15 p.m.
Expected finish: from 1.45 p.m.
Route around Lake Balaton: Siófok - on highway no. 7: Zamárdi, Szántód, Balatonföldvár, Balatonszárszó, Balatonszemes, Balatonlelle, Balatonboglár, Fonyód,Balatonkeresztúr - on highway no. 76: Balatonszentgyörgy, Keszthely - on highway no. 71: Badacsony, Balatonfüred, Balatonfűzfő, Balatonakarattya, on highway no.7: Siófok >> course
The leading group on the course will receive on the highway police escort.
The tour-makers (participants are qualified as tour-maker if they are overtaken by the ambulance behind the leading group ), can continue their way on the route, on the highway, but are obliged to keep the rules of Highway Code.
In Counties Zala and Veszprém it is suggested to use the cycle-path if the speed is less than 30 km/h.
6. Decision on place: Winner of the 17th Lake Balaton Bicycle Marathon is the participant who has completed the course, within level time and passes the finish first.
The order of the competitors placed 2nd and 3rd is given by the order of arrival; the order of other participants is given by their time-result.
- the absolute 1st winner is awarded a prize of a medal, money and/or an object.
- the absolute 2nd-3rd placed participants are awarded a prize of an object.
- the 1st-3rd placed women participants are awarded a prize of an object.
All participants can receive the unique, labelled cycling top at the registration.
All participants arriving within level time are given:
- 8 raffle tickets for the raffle
8. Entry: on-line entry and paying the entry fee.
Entry on the spot:
30 May 2013, Siófok, Porecs tér, from 2 p.m. until 9 p.m.: registration, acceptance of starting-numbers
31 May 2013, Siófok, Porecs tér, from 10 a.m. until 11 p.m.: registration, acceptance of starting-numbers
1 June 2013 (Saturday) from 6.00 a.m until 8.00 a.m. Siófok, Porecs tér., 100 m from start.
9. Entry fee: HUF 19,000 Ft/person
Entry fee on the spot: 19,000 HUF .
Participants under 18 must have a valid sports doctor's/doctor's certificate not older than 6 months.
The sports doctor's certificate must be shown to the organizers at the registration upon request!
Without doctor's permit participants under 18 must not take part in the Lake Balaton Marathon.
Adult participants are suggested to undergo a sports medical examination.
Participants must have a supplemental sports insurance, which must be shown at the registration.
- If the stop-watch chip is not returned a fee of HUF 10.000 will be charged!
- All participants take part in the event with the starting-number given by the organizers.
- Everybody can take part in the Bicycle Marathon at his/her own responsibility, by keeping the rules of competition and the road – Highway Code – regulations.
- Wearing a helmet is COMPULSORY during the programme!
-The organising association does not accept responsibility and will not be held financially resposible for competition accidents, accidents happening as a consequence of non-keeping of rules of competition and for health reasons and injuries.
- All participants must place advertising materials issued by the organizers on their equipment, bicycle, etc. during the programme. Those who do not fulfil this requirement, first will be warned, then in case of further offence the offending participant/s will be ruled out of the marathon.
-The marathon will take place according to the regulations of the current rules of competition.
-The participants must turn up at the registration at least half an hour before the start, and by signing the entry-form he/she acknowledges being familiar with the terms of participation, considers them as being compulsory for himself/herself, keeps them and makes his/her partners keep them, as well.
Registration closes 30 minutes before the start!!!
Fonyód (43 km);
before Keszthely - "400 Éves Vámház" (circa.: 73 km);
Badacsony - MOL tankstelle (circa.: 108 km);
Balatonfüred - MOL tankstelle (circa.: 146 km);
Balatonalmádi -MOL tankstelle (circa.: 164 km)
Showers are available in the changing-rooms of the gymnasium of the Széchenyi I. Primary School. Address: Kele u. (str.) 33. (next to the ambulance station, South-East from the water tower, straight ahead for 500 m)
The competitors are expected to abide by rules of fair play as protests are not possible.
I am taking part in the Bicycle Marathon on my own responsibility.
I am healthy and I am lining up for the start physically prepared.
I know and keep to the rules of competition.
In case of damage due to the rules not being followed and if the competitor does not compete the organiser will not be financially responsible. Entry fee are not refundable.
When required, I will consent to undergo medical examination and will accept the doctor’s orders. I may appear in the film the and pictures taken during the programme and used for advertising purposes and I will not ask for any financial reward for this.
I consent to the organizer recording my data on the entry-form and using it exclusively for his/her own purpose.
The registered participant accepts the terms of the announcement of competition and considers them as being compulsory for himself/herself.
In the case of on-line entry the participant accepts the terms of participation by sending the entry, but acknowledges this by his/her signature at the Bicycle Marathon registration at the latest.
We wish you successful preparations and participation!